Therapy and Additional Services
In addition to chiropractic adjustments, you may find that the therapy services listed below will speed your healing process and improve your condition. Below you will find more detailed information about some of the therapies available to you at Complete Chiropractic.
- Ultrasound therapy uses sound waves to promote healing.
- Ideal for bursitis, muscle strains, joint injury and tendonitis
- Encourages nerves to relax by delivering therapeutic frequencies to tissue.
- Helps to fatigue and relax muscles
- Ideal for edema and muscle spasms
- This therapy also encourages the nerves to relax but does so with a greater frequency than interferential stimulation. This allows for deeper muscle penetration and a stronger contraction of the muscle fibers.
- This therapy is used when the muscle needs to be strengthened after being immobilized for some period of time once a cast is removed.
Microcurrent Stimulation Therapy
- This therapy works on a cellular level to stimulate the healing process by restoring the bodies natural electrical current that may be disrupted when injured.
- This therapy is used to relieve pain, encourage healing and stimulate lymphatic flow
- This is a method of applying Kinesio tape to facilitate the body's natural healing process while providing support and stability to the muscles and joints without restricting the body's range of motion.
- Kinesio taping can re-educate the neuromuscular system, reduce pain, enhance performance, prevent injury and promote improved circulation and healing
Ice and Heat Therapy
- This therapy involves the application of ice or moist heat packs
- Ice therapy is typically applied to reduce and prevent inflammation
- Heat therapy is used to relax tight muscles or muscle spasms. It also increases the elasticity of joint connective tissues and stimulates blood flow.
Clinical Massage Therapy
- Use of various techniques to work the superficial as well as deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue.
- Clinical massage can be beneficial for a variety of issues including muscle pain, spasms, headaches and migraines as well as many others.
- Uses the application of gradual pressure on key healing points to promote the body's ability to heal itself.
- Acupressure releases tension, reduces pain and increases circulation
- This technique uses a traction table to stretch areas of the spine in order to help restore them to their appropriate degree of curvature.
- Reduces tension, opens up disk space and restores fluids to the area that assist in the natural healing process.